Thai Foot Massage
What Is It?
- Thai Foot Massage is a massage of the feet and lower legs.
- It is both invigorating and deeply relaxing and involves hands on massage, stretching and acupressure to stimulate reflex points.
- It has elements of Shiatsu, Reflexology, and Chinese massage, incorporated into the treatment.
- There are 10 major energy (sen) lines that run throughout the body, from the top of the head to the soles of the feet, where they end as pressure points. By stimulating these we are able to encourage the mind and body to restore its own natural healthy balance.
What To Expect?
- We will begin by discussing any injuries or ailments you may be suffering from.
- You will be treated on a Massage Table, with blankets to keep you warm, you will lie on your back (face up).
- It is ideal to wear loose fitting trousers, or shorts, so clothing can be taken up comfortably above the knee.
- Natural reflexology wax will be applied to your feet and lower legs.
- Traditional Thai Foot Massage, includes the use of a traditional Thai foot massage stick, as well as using the palms, fingers, thumbs and knuckles to work the feet.
- Your massage can last 45, 60, 90 or 120 minutes.
- You will be given time at the end to rebalance.
- Simply great for tired feet.
- Increases flexibility and durability of the feet.
- The overall experience relieves mental stress.
- Increases blood flow in feet and legs.
- Can help reduce fatigue, depression and anxiety. How?
- Improves blood circulation, leading to lower blood pressure and improved body functions.
- Improves functioning of the Lymphatic System. How?
- Boosts the immune system by reducing the amount of cortisol; also known as the stress hormone, released in the body. Why?
- Promotes rejuvenation, and a feeling of well-being. Why does massage make us happy?
Image from: http://bristolmassagecentre.co.uk/thai-foot-reflexology/
Lizzie Hewitt Massage | © 2018 Lizzie Hewitt Massage All rights reserved