What Is The Treatment?
- The Kinesio Taping® Method is a rehabilitative taping technique.
- Designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process.
- Provides support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion.
- Provides extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of physical therapy.
What is K-Tape?
- Kinesio Tape®, also called Kinesio Tex Tape, is the original elastic adhesive tape developed by Dr. Kenzo Kase in 1979
- 100% made from a gentle cotton fibre strip
- 100% medical grade acrylic adhesive
- 100% latex-free
- Does not limit range of motion
- Multiple day wear time.
- Tension on tape has the ability to relax or stimulate muscles.
How Does K-Tape Work?
- Kinesio Tape alleviates discomfort and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin. This lifting affect forms convolutions in the skin thus increasing interstitial space and allowing for a decrease in inflammation, reducing pressure while enabling a more effective flow of blood and lymphatic fluid in and out of the target area.
- Based upon years of clinical use, Kinesio Tape is specifically applied to the patient based upon their needs after evaluation. The findings of the clinical evaluation or assessment dictate the specifics of the Kinesio Tape application and other possible treatments or modalities.
- Can help delay the ageing process.
- It has been proven to have positive physiological effects on the skin, lymphatic and circulatory system, fascia, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints.
- It can be used in conjunction with a multitude of other treatments and modalities within your clinic and is effective during the rehabilitative and chronic phases on an injury, as well as being used for preventative measures
- May have the ability to re-educate the neuromuscular system
- Can help reduce inflammation
- Helps prevent injury
- Helps promote good circulation and healing
- Assists in returning the body to homoeostasis
How Is K-Tape Applied?
- Skin should be free of oil, sweat, or lotion prior to application
- After application, rub down tape to activate heat-sensitive glue
- Avoid extreme stretching of the tape during application to avoid skin irritation
- Apply approximately 1 hour prior to activity or shower to allow glue to adhere properly
- Skin irritation is extremely rare, but care should be taken with hypersensitive skin patients
All information on this page is taken from the Official Kinesio Taping Website: www.kinesiotaping.com
Lizzie Hewitt Massage | © 2017 Lizzie Hewitt Massage All rights reserved