Indian Head Massage
What Is It?
- Indian Head Massage is based on the Ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a 1,000 years.
- The aim of Indian head massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
- Indian Head Massage is a safe, accessible, and convenient therapeutic treatment that can be performed either in the clinic, home or the workplace.
What To Expect?
- We will begin by discussing any injuries or ailments you may be suffering from and the pressure you prefer.
- You will be treated seated on a low-backed chair or specialised IHM chair.
- You can remain fully dressed, it is useful to have a top that is loose-fitting across the shoulders.
- It is useful to remove necklaces and earrings. Please tie up long hair.
- Your massage can last 20, 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
- You will be given time at the end to rebalance.
- Promotes a healthy scalp and hair.
- The overall experience relieves mental stress.
- Help in the relief of eyestrain and tension headaches.
- Fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules) can be broken down.
- Improved concentration.
- Increases blood flow, which further quickens the removal of bodily waste.
- Can help reduce fatigue, depression and anxiety.
- Improves functioning of the Lymphatic System.
- Boosts the immune system by reducing the amount of cortisol; also known as the stress hormone, released in the body.
- Promotes rejuvenation, and a feeling of well-being.
Lizzie Hewitt Massage | © 2019 Lizzie Hewitt Massage All rights reserved