Indian Head Massage
What Is It?
- Indian Head Massage is based on the Ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a 1,000 years.
- The aim of Indian head massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
- Indian Head Massage is a safe, accessible, and convenient therapeutic treatment that can be performed either in the clinic, home or the workplace.
What To Expect?
- We will begin by discussing any injuries or ailments you may be suffering from and the pressure you prefer.
- You will be treated seated on a low-backed chair or specialised IHM chair.
- You can remain fully dressed, it is useful to have a top that is loose-fitting across the shoulders.
- It is useful to remove necklaces and earrings. Please tie up long hair.
- Your massage can last 20, 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
- You will be given time at the end to rebalance.
- Promotes a healthy scalp and hair.
- The overall experience relieves mental stress. Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain which is one of the best ways of reducing anxiety and lifting one’s mood. Oxygen helps you think clearly and creatively (a similar effect is experienced through exercise).
- Help in the relief of eyestrain and tension headaches.
- Fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules) can be broken down.
- Improved concentration.
- Increases blood flow, which further quickens the removal of bodily waste.
- Can help reduce fatigue, depression and anxiety. How?
- Improves functioning of the Lymphatic System. How?
- Boosts the immune system by reducing the amount of cortisol; also known as the stress hormone, released in the body. Why?
- Promotes rejuvenation, and a feeling of well-being. Why does massage make us happy?
Image from: http://www.chillmassage.co.uk/treatments/indian-head-massage/
Lizzie Hewitt Massage | © 2017 Lizzie Hewitt Massage All rights reserved