Hot Stone Massage
Also available Hot & Cold Stone Massage
Lizzie's Favourite Massage!
What Is It?
- Hot stone massage is where Lizzie uses smooth, heated stones as an extension of her own hands.
- The heat can be deeply relaxing, and helps warm up tight muscles so Lizzie can work deeper into your muscles.
- Lizzie does not just place warm stones on you, and leave them, she uses them in long strokes, kneading, trigger point, friction, vibration, and so on, for a comprehensive body massage.
- A hot stone massage takes a lot of skill and sensitivity on the part of the therapist
What to expect?
- Before you arrive, Lizzie sanitises her stones and heats them in a bath of 45 to 65 degree water.
- Please note: the stones are never placed directly on to your skin straight from the water, they are tested by Lizzie and moved between her hands as she massages you, so they cool to a temperature that suits YOU!
- The session would begin by discussing any injuries or ailments you may be suffering from and the pressure you prefer.
- You will be treated lying on a Massage Table.
- It is easiest to use the stones on bare skin, so you will be asked to remove your clothing to your underwear level.
- It is useful to remove necklaces, rings, bracelets, watches and earrings. Please tie up long hair.
- In order for the warm stones to glide, oil is used throughout the treatment.
- Your massage can last 20, 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
- Lizzie will warm up your body with traditional Swedish massage, then use many deeper and more specific techniques on you while holding a heated stone. As the stone cools, Lizzie replaces it with another. Lizzie uses many stones of various shapes and sizes—big ones on the big muscles, smaller ones on smaller muscles.
- Can help relieve mental stress and anxiety
- Can help relieve muscle tension and pain
- Better sleep
- Muscle Relaxation
- Lizzie uses Basalt stones
- Basalt is a black, volcanic rock that absorbs and retains heat well
- Lizzie only uses natural basalt stones, rather than manufactured ones. These have been been smoothed by natural forces in the river or sea.
Who is it for?
- Hot stone massage is brilliant for anyone who needs some deep relaxation, is suffering from aches and pains, needs a boost for their circulation, or just wants to be spoilt.
- Pregnant women
- Children (up to 18 years)
- If you are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- People with diabetes
- People with heart disease
- Anyone with broken skin
- Anyone with an infectious or contagious condition
- People suffering with eczema, psoriasis, and other sensitive skin disorders
Lizzie Hewitt Massage | © 2019 Lizzie Hewitt Massage All rights reserved