After Care Advice
- It is a good idea to give yourself time to relax after your massage, and let the benefits sink in.
- Drink plenty of water to rehydrate your body.
- To allow your treatment to be fully beneficial please avoid the following for the following 24 hours:
- caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.
- strenuous activity
- long drives
- heavy meals if possible
- You may experience the following reactions: (these will be temporary, and a sign your body is rebalancing itself)
- aching or soreness within the muscles (due to the bodies nerves responding to the massage)
- tiredness, once the tiredness has gone you will feel refreshed and energetic
- heightened emotions (due to the release of tensions and stresses)
- dizziness or nausea
- disrupted sleeping patterns
- Increased release of mucus in the nose or mouth
- These reactions are normal and show the body is rebalancing and cleansing itself.
Image from: http://mynfb.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Balancer.jpg
Lizzie Hewitt Massage | © 2017 Lizzie Hewitt Massage All rights reserved